Re: Bamboo

Oh, yes James, I am VERY interested!  I would love some seeds if you ever gett

Thanks to all for the Bamboo suggestions.  I'm leary about planting them
outdoors with our difficult winters.  I was also given the info once on a
local nursery which sells plants for oriental gardens wholesale, but I never
seem to make it there and they don't advertise locally.  Let me see......
http://www.orientalgardensupply.com/ Offices  23 Great Oak Lane, Pittsford, NY
14534, (585) 586-4969 Phone
(585) 586-8945 Fax  Nursery, 448 W. Bloomfield Rd., Pittsford, NY 14534, (585)
586-3850.    Retail open a few hours a day.

I see they have a Miscanthus Sinensus, which I told hubby today I want to
locate and get in tomorrow.  They also have a full page list of Bamboo.
Prices not on lists however.  I'm sure they can advise me on the Bamboo.  Are
there any that repel cats?  <evil G>.

We had the GLORIOUS JOY of spending today traveling one of the Finger Lakes
Wine Trails which had a special event.  Sunny and about 75: driving the west
side of Cayuga Lake.  The scenery was breathtaking and I again stocked my wine
rack with some awesome wine, to be enjoyed summer evenings in my garden, of
course.  Each winery gave away an herb.  I acquired a half dozen and have them
planted in my kitchen garden.  Spinach to be planted in a day or two.

Upstate NY, Zone 6