Re: RAIN /international MG conference?

Hello Kitty,
I as not pushing the issue of Dollars to attend the conference. They will pay for one night for me to come and speak, but not the other two of the conference. If I paid for 2 nights and my travel that would eat up most of my fee for speaking. Also they want money to set up a table ... could sell plants, but if I do that I am tied to the table for the conference duration. Even an information table has to be manned to be effective. Good opportunity to pass out a lot of catalogs, meet a lot of gardeners..... but 3 days away???? I doubt it during September. Just have to see.... but doubt 3 days from home. Have to make up my mind soon though, for I have the information sheet and payment to make for the table and space that has to be mailed back. We are still recovering from the last trade show in January... had lots of good "Stuff" to buy... like a label machine and software. New organic goodies for the nursery.
   Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana

Subject: Re: [CHAT] RAIN /international MG conference?

Gene, I don't yet know the particulars of the September conference, but if it is as in previous years, I can't afford it. It's a 2 or 3 day thing including one or two weekdays as I recall. Last year I had no time off available at my job; this year I do, but the cost of hotels and such is prohibitive. And they didn't allow for a one day attendance. Obviously I can't manage the Intl MG conference.

May would be difficult for me too; September not quite so bad, but it too is a busy time for me. One reason I enjoyed the Ohio Short Course Trade Show is because it occurs in July when time is more readily available. I've only been to it twice; didn't attend any of the seminars. But there was a lot to see and contacts to make.