Re: Theresa and Jade Tree

My mother had a Jade plant that was more than 3' across and more than 40 years old. Alas, when she was ill, somebody overwatered it and it's gone, as is she.

Sorry to hear about your plants. Seems we all got hit really hard. I've even got frozen holly berries, and there will be no blueberries this year. The Serviceberry also got hit. I fear for the wildlife in the upcoming months.

To: "Gardenchat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2007 9:23 AM
Subject: [CHAT] Theresa and Jade Tree

I've never had my jade tree outside in the cold weather (it's in a pot
so I can bring it in if the weather gets too cold) so I've never had
that happen. If you can't save your plant let me know and I will be more
than happy to send you some starter plants from mine. The parent plant
is HUGE now and when the leaves fall off and land in the dirt, they
start new baby plants. Plus, I trimmed it down some last fall and
started new trees from the cuttings. I love my jade tree, so I
understand the sadness of losing one.

 Jesse R. Bell
Claremore - where all my outside plants suffered over the freezing weekend. *sniff*