To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2007 1:08 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Ah, spring...

I just read that we had the driest and warmest spring in 118 years...quite
a record. We definitely won't have mast this year. I mulched several beds
today, trying to beat the storm that is coming.  We are supposed to have
SNOW tomorrow.  Not surprising for April in ETN but very surprising after
weeks of 70-80 degree temperature.  I was feeling pretty good earlier.
Saved a fothergilla that was being thrown out last fall...it even bloomed.
Also, move a neviusia alabamensis sucker, hoping to have another bush next
spring.  Several of the plants I bought last year from Gene are
blooming...I just hope they make it through this next projected cold spell.

Bonnie Zone 7/7 ETN