Re: Ah, spring...

I've not heard of "Pine knees" but something like "Pinnies/Pennies" is one of the permutations I've heard. From a large group of New England garden clubbers- so I'm sure that for them it was normal.

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2007 8:42 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Ah, spring...

Chuckle....I remember several years ago my neighbor asked if I'd be selling some of my pine-knees. Hmmm....I asked her to describe what she meant because I didn't have any pines. She said they were like daffodils. Now I was really lost. Then she pointed them out to me. Peonies. I never understood the connection but, I didn't correct her.

neIN, Zone 5