Re: Storm

Guess we got all the rain.  Major flooding all over the area.
Since we are on a fairly steep hill, we aren't in danger of
real flooding, but we do have about four inches of water
in the basement.  This is the second time this winter we
have had water in the basement - and the last time before
that was about 15 years ago.
When I got to the kitchen this morning, Lottie, my small
tuxedo cat was sitting at the top of the stairs leading
down, yowling loudly.  Since Lottie usually has the
softest, sweetest little cat voice I have ever heard, this
was really out of character.  Investigation proved that
her sister, Jane, the gray one, was trapped on a shelf
in one of the downstairs rooms - the one farthest from
the stairs.  Our 'basement' is really a downstairs
apartment, only below grade at one side since we are
built into the hillside.  What Jane was doing down
there and why she was trapped, we'll never know, but
we remember she had not joined the family circle last
evening the way she usually does.  She usually disappears
for half the evening, then suddenly appears - who knows
where from.  So we're guessing she may have already
been trapped then - we hadn't thought to check the
downstairs before we went to bed.
Anyway, it's still raining, and snow is predicted for
tonight.  Glad we don't really have to go anywhere
today or tomorrow.  Spring!!
In a message dated 04/16/2007 5:11:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,