Re: nor'easter

Exactly my problem. It seems this year that I always have to go out of town during prime gardening weather. I leave tomorrow and return Sunday. At this rate, the yard is going to look like "weed city". For you birders - a flock of 8 Lesser Scaups just landed in our farm pond!
Cathy
On Apr 15, 2007, at 9:55 AM, Kitty wrote:

The worst of it is that, if we don't get out there and do things within a very short window of opportunity, the next thing you know it is 90 degrees, too hot to accomplish much. Today's high will be in 40s. Forecasters are calling for a high near 60 on Tuesday so maybe I can get that afternoon off work.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2007 8:47 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] nor'easter

In a message dated 04/15/2007 8:41:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
kmrsy@comcast.net writes:

Everything is still covered in a thin layer of snow this morning, but the
sky is a pretty blue and the birds are scurrying all over the place.

Glad it's passed for you, Kitty. It's 39 degrees and pouring here. The weather forecase shows rain straight through Thursday, with a high for
the week of 45 degrees that day.  How can I get gardening done in
that mess?
Auralie