Re: Progress report

I'm hoping all your plants will recover. I'm hoping all mine will, too. It was absolutely beautiful here today, and every weirdo in Memphis was buying plants and flowers at the Home Depot. Good grief!
zone 7
West TN
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 5:39 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Progress report

Weather just getting good here, and I'm off to a meeting tomorrow
until Sunday. (Story of my life...) My veggie garden looks pathetic -
freeze blasted snow peas (yes, they will come back, but I bet the
heat will get them before I can harvest much) and the lettuce and
spinach have not progressed beyond seed leaves (which was where they
were before the week of freezing temperatures). The radish and
carrots haven't even ventured above the ground. The seeds I started
indoors are up, but they will have to be left to the tender mercies
of the new teenager we will be paying to come in to feed cats and
fish and water plants. God only knows if they will be alive when I
return. On a positive note, I think my Acer japonicum might just
bounce back!

Cathy, west central IL, z5b