From: Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 7:39:37 PM
Subject: [CHAT] mowing

I bought a mulching mower in 92.  Loved it.  Last fall the blade hit a
stone.  I bought a new blade.  But when I tried to put it on, the part that
connects it to the engine broke.  I replaced that.  But couldn't get it
tight enough to stay on. The other day I tried to start it, forgetting that
the blade wasn't attached.  Pull string stuck.  Today I attached the blade,
yanked my arm out trying to pull rope, but it came out - I think all the
way - but still no start.  Cleaned the spark plug, checked the oil.  Could
use some oil, decided to drain and add new.  Drain screw was gooey; came out
too easily.  Drained oil and put screw back in and, as I twisted it, it
broke off.  This just seems like the last straw.

Can this mower be saved?  The piece of the bolt is still in there, but not
tight, can't put oil in it.  I gave up for now and got another mower but not
sure I want to give this one up if it can be saved without putting much more
$ into it.  I have always liked this mower and they don't seem to make them
like this anymore.

neIN, Zone 5