Earth Day

No tree, but we planted a 7-gallon "Barbara Karst" bougainvillea in a large patio pot, planted arugula and a clump of lemongrass in smaller pots, and repotted five hanging baskets. Got a big week ahead. Must clean out an overgrown area along the property line so I can plant a triangle palm [Neodypsis decaryi] that we've held in a 14-inch clay pot for a couple of years. It's a real beauty that needs to go into the ground. We've also got an Encephalartus cycad that needs to go into the ground, but no idea where. Needs sun, and we don't have a lot of that left. Ms. Fatma says maybe the backyard, but I resist--this is a showcase plant.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10