Re: speaking of nurseries and recycling

Some years ago our garden club had a workshop on living
wreaths, but these were made with succulents.  Barbara
Novich, from Ardsley, taught us to do these things.  She
used a standard wire box frame like you use for Christmas
wreaths, filled it with sphagnum moss and soil, and planted
it with 'Hens and Chicks' and several other types of succulents.
It was a lot of work - someone in the club said "I would gladly
pay someone $75.00 to make me one of these."  But they
were fairly permanent - could live out over a winter and with
some upkeep look good the following year.  I gave mine
away, so can't say how permanent it really was, but they
were attractive.
In a message dated 04/22/2007 7:49:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,