Re: terra cotta pot warning

Tetanus shots are free most places; make sure yours is up to date, pard.

On Apr 3, 2008, at 5:17 PM, Pam Evans wrote:

For those of you who use terra cotta pots, don't ever try to move one w/out gloves on. Even if you can't see any cracks, it could break anyway. I'm
speaking from experience.  Was moving a big one last night and and the
blasted thing shattered and tore up my hand.  That vein that runs along
inside of your thumb? Laid it smooth open. Oh well. Fortunately I got the bleeding stopped, put antibiotic goop on it, taped it up and wrapped it
so it should mend up fine.  So don't make the same mistake I did.  I
guarantee I'll never do that again. This typing w/ one hand is for the birds too. Just a friendly piece of advice for my fellow gardeners! :-)
--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX

Island Jim