From: james singer <islandjim1@verizon.net>
To: Garden Chat <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, April 5, 2008 2:49:17 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Summertime...

and the livin' is easy. Maybe. But whatever. It seems to have suddenly
arrived, easy or not. It's been in the low 80s for a week or so and the
forecast is for it to remain so for the foreseeable future. Lots of
stuff is blooming, but there always is here--orchids, begonias, petrea,
jatropha, on and on.

I just saw an interview with the guy that established the Honest T
company. It raised a question for me--since tea is the dried leaf of a
camellia species, I wonder if I'll be able to grow one in Oregon. I
tried here a couple of times and couldn't, too warm. Might be fun to
really do it.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W