Re: Summertime...

I am sure you will find many plants you couldn't grow will thrive in the new homefront.
Weather here finally broke. Of course, I am in the middle of painting
indoors, but did sneak out for a couple of hours this afternoon to start
cleaning up. Not much growing, but a few things are poking their noses
out....interesting that my helebores look like they froze out. Didn't
think that could happen, but the leaves sure look like it...all brown
and crusty with stems that had life.

  and the livin' is easy. Maybe. But whatever. It seems to have suddenly
arrived, easy or not. It's been in the low 80s for a week or so and the
forecast is for it to remain so for the foreseeable future. Lots of
stuff is blooming, but there always is here--orchids, begonias, petrea,
jatropha, on and on.

I just saw an interview with the guy that established the Honest T
company. It raised a question for me--since tea is the dried leaf of a
camellia species, I wonder if I'll be able to grow one in Oregon. I
tried here a couple of times and couldn't, too warm. Might be fun to
really do it.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W