Re: climbing rose

I have a couple of climbers. My smallest one is Cecile Brunner- has zillions of little pink flowers every summer. It is probably about 8 ft and seems to be maxed out at that size. I also have Sombruiel- lovely flowers and is now covering at least 15 ft of fence horizonally and is still getting bigger. I have an alba rose (Alba Sauvolens- got it becuase it handles more shade than most roses) that is well behaved- only blooms for a brief period of time though : (
Or is that Madame Plantier??  I can't recall- I have both.
I have Gloire de Dijon climber in front. It has been really slow to get growing and honestly- the flowers aren't all that pretty- not like the pictures I'd seen anyway. Hmmm- I know I have 2 more, but the names are escaping me right now. The one is a single red with a white eye- I was surprised at how much I really like this bloom. Very eye catching without being gaudy. Wish I could remember what it was.
And I have a white Rugosa rose that is very nice too.

Check out High Country Roses (http://www.highcountryroses.com/ or http://highcountryroses.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi), the Antique Rose Emporium: (http://www.antiqueroseemporium.com/) -I have ordered roses from both and been very happy. I only get "own-root" roses and both companies sell them.

When looking online I also found a place that might be interesting to visit in Sebastapol: http://www.vintagegardens.com/

Have fun!
T.

P.S. The autumn blooming clematis at work are in full bloom right now and smell wonderful. Wonder why they are called autumn blooming???

David Franzman wrote:
Hey again

Ok, second rose question. I'm looking for a climbing rose (possibly) to
climb up a trellis along my house. I don't want a huge one as the
trellis is about 8' tall and 4' wide. Also looking for a rebloomer.
South wall of my house. Any suggestions? If you have a better suggestion
than a rose would love to hear it.

Thanks

DF