From: Judy Browning <judylee@lewiston.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Sunday, April 6, 2008 7:43:43 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] climbing rose

Maybe look for a rambler rather than a true climbing rose. The canes are shorter. I have Golden Showers on its own roots, so far not hard to keep to a manageable size. If you want fragrant, Gertrude Jekyl is a gangly thorny beauty that needs to be tied up to something, blooms all along the stems. If you want a start, I can send a stem later this summer. Mr Lincoln gets to be about 8 feet for me, too. ----- Original Message ----- From: "David Franzman" <dfranzma@pacbell.net>