Re: climbing rose

Another rose to consider: miniatures. The flowers and leaves are tiny,
but the plants themselves can be close to standard roses (of their
category) in height. They are almost always own root. Check out
Nor'East Roses. Despite the name, they are located in CA!  www.noreast-miniroses.com
I have their climber "Red Cascade" - of course, it is available
elsewhere, and they may no longer carry it, but I bought it with a
plan to have it cascade over a wall, and have been pleased.  Would say
that its canes could be trained to at least five feet. They may have
others that would have canes even longer. My wishes were for cold
hardiness and disease resistance.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b