To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 7:39 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] sunfarm

I figured Gene would have heard of him and I know Chris had thought of purchasing plants from him but hadn't gotten around to it. It took me a few years to get him to sell to me and then it all fell apart.

Barry Glick runs Sunfarm. His plant list on the internet is impressive, but it is just a facade. He doesn't have those plants. Then he makes a big to-do about whether he'll allow you to buy from him. After you jump through ridiculous hoops, you have to take 100 plants without knowing what you're getting. So he sends mostly odds and ends you don't want, still leading you to believe that someday he'll let you order the good stuff. When he finally says yes, you write the order, THEN he tells you, he doesn't have those plants. NOW he sends you a list of what he does have, only the real list is actually in Barry's head (his words) and that doesn't match up to what he really has. But you write a revised order selected from his new list and send it months ahead to secure your plants.

Hmmmm.....haven't received a confirmation...email Barry. He knows he has your order somewhere, but he's working 90 hour weeks and can't find anything on his desk, and blah blah blah. E-send a copy of order. He doesn't have 1/2 the items and 1/2 of the other 1/2 is twice the $ he quoted before. He talks fast, very fast, trying to get you to take this and that that he's overstocked with, items you don't want. And, of course, it's too late for him to ship when you need them anyway.

What a nightmare.  Cancelled the order.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "DP" <pulis@mindspring.com>