Re: New Garden/new house

It was 84 here yesterday, supposed to freeze by Monday morning. I hope the weather guys are wrong. We lost so much to the great Easter freeze last year. Having a 6' tall Japanese Maple die was sad. The damage to Hydrangeas looked bad last year. This year it's looking even worse. Most of them have only a tuft of leaves at the base, with 5' of dead twigs.

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 9:50 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] New Garden/new house

OMG!   Going down into the 40's the next 3 nights here, but talked to my
friend Carol in E TX and she said they're supposed to get a freeze out there this weekend! Way too late for that nonsense. She was Little Bit's first
mama and calls to check on her periodically.

Yipes!  It is supposed to snow here tonight, tomorrow and
Sunday..thankfully it isn't supposed to amount to anything......

"Theresa G."  wrote:

Oh- and it is an amazing 85 degrees here. I'm hanging out on my back
porch with my laptop drinking a beer. : )