Re: TN Blooms

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: TN Blooms
  • From: "Pam Evans" <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 18:45:07 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=YyRIh7m/lDyPvVp9k7i1X2jYEC7BdA7uKwZry0WvEbo=; b=Zsc4N+D/R42AdH2jzdc9gq5Cilf/0b3SFV2VCRL/bnUFtQHHJwyHSjMfaBZ5M4JT1xDe+tXReLvurySitdFrvwOBIyL3zLbxxc3hbTdtsMZUfZBTeG9HkSoaKlUxW4/4X7rqt7ONM/nByFfaap5EC7ilfjezVikWVSgIUVkKdIk=

Glad to hear you are on the mend!   Have you been getting any of this rain
that's been coming through?

On 4/12/08, holmesbm@usit.net <holmesbm@usit.net> wrote:
> I've been mostly lurking because of my shoulder surgery. My right arm
> has been out of commission since January. Fortunately, I'm now in PT and
> beginning to be able to do more and more. My DH mowed for me...did take
> down two little garden patches because they were so overrun with weeds.
> I can only weed with the left arm for about 30 minutes at a time so it
> is very slow going.
> But spring is beautiful around the yard. The service berry and Scila
> siberica just finished blooming but now we have lilacs, fothergilla,
> dogwood, redbud, Alabama snow wreath, second round of daffodils (Bridal
> crown & Cum Laude among others), Cumberland laural, blueberries,
> creeping phlox, Carolina Jessamine, grape hyaciths, hellebores (my
> latest w/yellow blossoms is beautiful), wild geranium, celedine poppy,
> candytuff, vinca minor, deep purple iris, dames rocket, lavender,
> rosemary, buds on meadow sage. The varied Heuchera bed with Lysimachia
> nummularia Goldilocks is beautiful again so last year's terrible drought
> didn't hurt it.

Pam Evans
Kemp TX
zone 8A