To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2008 1:11 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] TN Blooms

Hope your surgery goes well and can be done with a scope.  I had rotator
cuff surgery in 2000 and foolishly thought all was as strong again and went
merrily on lifting 40 lb bags, hauling bricks and stones, and worked for
hours steadily in my garden and the UT Trial Garden as a volunteer without
giving my arm a rest.  So, it was a gradual thing.  This time, one of the
tendons had to have supplemental tissue to build it back up and four other
muscles and tendons had to be tightened up.  Needless to say, I am taking
care not to get myself back into the position of needing more
surgery...next time it will have to be a joint replacement with much less
mobility.

Our weather has been very warm so some blossoms I mentioned yesterday are
already starting to fade.  East Tennessee is now into what is called
"Dogwood Winter"...a cooling off when dogwood is blossoming. Last year, we
had a record setting hard freeze that killed a lot of fruit and other
plants...first in over 100 yrs. This year, forecast is for 32 degrees with
temperatures back up to the 60s and 70s later in the week.