Re: Weather

I haven't been gardening as long as many of you, but I think I caught on pretty quickly. It's April. Yesterday we were potting, huddled in an open garage to stay out of the sleet. This afternoon after work, under a glorious blue sky, I was shoveling soil in buckets in shirtsleeves. It's April. Seems normal to me.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 3:49 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Weather

Looking at the weather map this morning I noticed the same thing. Either parts of the country are warmer than normal or colder. Nothing seemed just ordinary. I would really like to be ordinary instead of expecting frost on April 14!!! Of course, our (usual) last frost date is April 15, and that's the date we had an awful killing frost last year.

Btw, Cyndi, the flowers you described sounded really lovely. I'm also jealous over your progress with your gardens.

zem