RE: Checking in...

I'm so sorry about Squinty.  In 1995, when we purchased a house in Northern
Virginia, my husband was bringing our Siamese cat Zeke from East Tennessee
where he had been staying with friends to our new home.  Along the
interstate in Virginia, the cat got loose so my husband used one of those
unofficial crossovers to try to retrieve him.  A highway patrol came along
and was about to ticket him but ended up feeling so sorry for my husband
that he helped look for the cat.  He must have been a pet person.
Fortunately, the cat was caught but I think it was more luck than anything.

I understand your feelings.  Maybe, if he turns up with your friends, you
can find a way to get him to your new home.  I've been thinking of you as I
watch the weather reports.  Hope all goes well with the remainder of your