From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of james singer
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2008 2:41 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Today

ETA--probably Tuesday about noon. I'm in Lost Hills, California,
tonight;
it's about 800 miles to Keizer, Oregon, and I'm beginning to weary from
long
days at the wheel, so I'll probably give myself a holiday along the way.

Saw some fantastic fields of poppies today.

But the best news is that Squinty is safw abd sound with Fatma.

<islandjim2@gmail.com>

Texas
> > hill
> > country have been at their peak: bluebonnets, what I assume are
indian
> > paint
> > brushes, and some tall yellow and orange flowers that I am ignorant
of.
> > Beyond that--into southern Arizona--the ocatillos are blooming,
their
> > red
> > flags atop their spindly, thorny stalks make a spectacular display.
I've