Re: Gardening Again -- Finally

Wow Zem, sounds like you've got all kinds of stuff going on, and you too Cyndi. I, on the other hand am removing things, not installing. My friends are going to hate me when they see how many plants I'm moving. I can't HELP it. Either I spent money on it or I rescued it and it just HAS to go with me. LOL! Next weekend (May 3) is moving day if all goes well.
To: "gardenchat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2008 6:47 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Gardening Again -- Finally

I have nearly killed myselfl for the past two days just trying to play catchup with my yard. I god the lawn tractor back last week and have just now gotten the time to get the yard even mowed. What a mess everything is after all our spring rain. I never new Hellebores could spread so much -- or grow to such size. I have plants that look like they are on steroids. The Lamium is back
to climbing a trellis, and the Solomon's Seal has spread into the yard.  I
noticed that the black & blue salvia has practically taken over the bed it's in and is currently duking it out the the Ecchinacea and the Rudbeckia. Of
course, everything is getting ready to bloom at the same time.  My Phlomis
must be five feet across and is laden with buds. I really like the plant a
lot since it requires no upkeep.  I haven't forgotten those of you who
requested the winter honeysuckle, and I'll get it to you very soon.  I
purchased a Black & Decker cordless trimmer today, and I think I'm going to like it a lot. I also got some dragon wing begonias for the front porch and
the 'Miss Kim' lilac for my yard.  They do very well here.
zem
zone 7
West TN