To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2008 12:50 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] plant sale

Sounds like your sale is a great success.  And while I do order
somethings from Garden's Alive- they are also misleading in their
descriptions of products, have lousy customer support (ever try to find
out the ingredients in one of their products??- it is impossible), and
claim some things are "biological" or "natural" that turn out to be
chemicals afterall.  So, I guess I'm not surprised they didn't fix MB,
since they have problems themself at Garden's Alive.
Theresa

Pam Evans wrote:
I hate that too Kitty.  It takes a lot of convincing to get people to try
again!   Congrats on your sale, sounds like it was a great success!

I had my annual plant sale this weekend. I took in $1700, of which about
$1500 was plants.  I have 20 pots left.

A nice young girl stopped by late this afternonn hoping to pick out a few plants. She explained that she was newly married and they have their first
home and she wanted to try her hand at gardening, but she was afraid she
wasn't very good at it. She bought a package deal of 100 bulbs and plants from MICHIGAN BULB last year and only 6 are showing any sign of life. Even the Lily of the Valley isn't up yet. I told her to stop buying from MB and
gave her a couple of relatively inexpensive catlogues from reliable
mailorder nurseries. Then I dug up about a 15 inch square chunk of Lily of
the Valley for her.

I had hoped when Gardens Alive took over the Michigan Bulb group that they would clean it up a little instead of continuing shady practices with, for the most part, crap products. MB is where a lot of newbies start because they see it in the Sunday paper. Then when things go wrong, they think it's
their own fault, are dejected, and quit.  I really hate that.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5