Re: Hola

Glad to hear you are adjusting and sounds like another kind of gardening adventure is starting for you.

  Donna

james singer <islandjim1@comcast.net> wrote:
  Everything's cool with the time, Judy; I seem to have adjusted to time
zone changes with minimum trouble. And to the temperature changes,
also. Like an idiot, however, I didn't accessibly pack any shoes or
socks, so when I got here all I had was sandals. But even that wasn't
too bad; I didn't freeze.

For the garden, my sister has started a number of vegetables that are
now up--peas, potatoes, lettuce, spinach, and such. She has them
growing in raised beds and barrels/tubs. She wants to build some more
raised beds for vegetables, so that's probably what we'll do next.
Both the apricot and cherry trees have set fruit--the cherry is still
blooming, but fading. There is a long empty bed along one side of the
house that we've talked about as an ideal area for blueberries,
gooseberries, and currents--so you can see that edible landscaping is
much on our agenda. She also wants to spot parsley and other herbs in
the flower beds.

Among the non-edibles, the ceanothus and rhododendrons are loaded with
buds; the tulips, daffodils, and muscari are almost spent. We plan to
move the Meyer lemon out of the greenhouse tomorrow, but we plucked
one of the lemons off it for our grilled salmon a couple of days ago.