To: "Garden Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 8:31 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Nursery

We went shopping this morning, then dropped in on one of the local nurseries on the way home. I spent the whole time--well, most of it-- reading name tags. This is truly turning out to be a "learning experience." May 1 is the official last frost date, so we were looking for bedding plants specifically, but the woman explained that the prolonged cold weather this year had fouled up their ordering schedule, so most annuals and such wouldn't be arriving until later in the week. Saw lots of stunning clematis, azaleas, and rhododendrons, however.

Island Jim
Inland in Oregon
44.99 N 123.04 W
Elevation 148'