RE: OT - baby chicks

  • Subject: RE: OT - baby chicks
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 08:09:54 -0700

Here in So Cal we are well into spring. We haven't quite had last frost
yet but baby chicks won't need heroic measures to keep them warm.
I like buying baby chicks at the end of summer myself, it's warm enough
to keep them without heat lamps while they're little, then they grow all
winter and start laying in spring. The years we bought spring chicks we
never got eggs until the next year.

Cyndi