Re: OT - baby chicks

  • Subject: Re: OT - baby chicks
  • From: Catharine Carpenter <cathycrc@comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 06:34:56 -0700

In Hawaii they say, to cook a rooster, put it in a pot with a lava rock. When the rock has softened, cook it two hours more.
Cathy
On Apr 1, 2009, at 1:06 PM, james singer wrote:

I used to see 1-2 year old hens for sale in the classified sections of weekly newspapers. Even bought some a couple of times--nothing wrong with them, just past their egg-a-day productivity level. I expect after easter there will be a bear market in fledglings... except probably a lot of roosters in that bunch.