RE: Lawn & Spring

  • Subject: RE: Lawn & Spring
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 08:02:02 -0700

Oh cool. I always like dandelions in flower. Not so much after they go
to seed though. It always seems to me that you spend all this time
trying to get flowers in the garden and why not enjoy them in the lawn.
Maybe it's different if you use your lawn for kids or croquet or
It's definitely spring here, 80 degrees one day and 50 degrees with
40mph winds the next. That was Monday and Tuesday. We even got a trace
of rain last night. More to come but I think the weekend is supposed to
be sunny.
I weeded in the dry garden last Saturday, husband got out the tractor
and mowed all the grass he could get to. The daffodils are almost gone
so I deadheaded most of them. We were under frost warning so I didn't
move out my greenhouse plants, and didn't plant my green beans either. I
don't have enough row cover for the green beans so I'll have to uncover
the peas to use that, but I don't have any chicken wire left to protect
the peas against rabbits. Everything I do this spring seems to need just
one more thing to make it work.
Sunday my friend and I went for a long hike. We got to the trailhead and
the wind was truly ferocious so we decided to go just a little way and
turn back. But once on the trail the mountain blocked most of it, so off
we went. At about 6000 feet we had to cross patches of snow, that was
surprising. It took us almost 4 hours to do the six endless miles uphill
(my friend took pictures while I was gasping for breath) and about 2 to
get back down. My dog had a great time, turns out she likes to eat snow.
I am still walking around going "ow ow ow my legs hurt".