Re: State of the Birds

  • Subject: Re: State of the Birds
  • From: TeichFauna@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 19:24:37 EDT

Hey, that's great!!!  So much of Texas is in such need of rain....not  as
much here though, we seem to get our share, so that we can't complain  too
much.  Sure is noticeable driving west though.....goes from being nice  and
green here to very dry towards west Tx. with visible signs of recent
road-side and field fires.    How is your area, dry or not  as bad as in past
No not yet, still part of the blue tarp city.  They have to fix the
structural damage first....said it would not support the weight of a new roof,  so
they are working from the bottom up.  Costing us a fortune though, since
they find damage (non- wind or rain, so insurance doesn't cover it) that we
end  up fixing.  Even had to get a new back door, took out the french door
and  window and put in a double opening door.  Never did like the 32 inch
door,  could never get anything out in the back yard, now it's a 72 inch opening
which  will let us really open up.  Wanted to do that eventually, just not
now.  Everyone keeps teasing me saying I'll end up with a new house by the
time it's all done, however, somehow I think it would have been cheaper
just to  MOVE!!!!   Unfortunately we'd have to make all these repairs anyway,
so might as well stay here.  I would die to give up my house and gardens
anyway.  Sure will be VERY happy when this is all over though.  It's  really
getting tiresome.
In a message dated 4/13/2009 4:26:02 PM Central Daylight Time,