Tired of wind!

  • Subject: Tired of wind!
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 12:56:39 -0700

For the second day we have winds about 40mph gusting up to 50. And it's
cold. Every year I think this is the worst year yet but it's hard to say
if it really is. I remember last year they shut down the freeways a few
times due to blowing dirt, I think we've missed that this year.
Husband and I spent Easter weekend in sunny Palm Springs, soaking up the
sun next to the pool. It was in the 80s there, very nice. We ventured
into the desert just a little ways, found the spot where the Pacific
Crest Trail crosses the valley and encountered a couple of thru-hikers
from England. I like hiking but I can't imagine going from Mexico to
Canada, the folks that do it are something else.
It did figure we spent the only good weather in weeks away from home.
I've pulled all my patio plants out of the greenhouse, but the tomato
and pepper seedlings are too small yet. I got a late start on those so
it will be a while till they can go out safely. I still haven't planted
the green beans and now I'm debating whether I want to do it at all. I
could use that space for either more tomatoes or more pepper plants.
The gale is supposed to die down this weekend. We're planning on a long
trail ride on Saturday but Sunday I should be able to get out and grub
in the dirt, woohoo!

Cyndi