  • Subject: Chickens...
  • From: Jesse Bell <justjess01@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 12:55:25 -0500

Well, I just saw this article on the interwebs:

I can confirm this story from my own experience.  I cannot keep up with the
orders I am getting for farm fresh, organic, free range chicken eggs. I am
hatching chicks to fill orders for people that want their own eggs and
organic chickens.  The next thing that will pop up - are places that will
butcher the animals you raise.  I could never kill my chickens - I get WAY
too attached to them because I play with them all the time.  BUT - with all
the inhumane treatment, and chemicals and hormones they put in commercial
food, I have seriously considered finding somebody who can dress my chickens
for me.  I'd have to grow some that I am not attached to though.  Last night
I came home to find my older rooster injured and hanging upside down in my
chicken house.  I bawled my eyes out.  My husband gets so exasperated with
me for getting that attached to my critters, but I just can't help it.
Today my rooster is standing on his own.  Last night he couldn't walk or
stand at all.  I thought we were going to have to put him down.  I was a

Jesse R. Bell