Re: Chickens...

  • Subject: Re: Chickens...
  • From: Jesse Bell <justjess01@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 16:25:46 -0500

Yeh...it's a bit disturbing.  I know they have grown up doing this...but to
me they seem so cold.  When I went and bought the brooder hen and her eggs
at the flea market last Saturday ($20.00, cheaper than an incubator) I saw a
bunch of Hispanic and Vietnamese people taping up the legs of chickens and
carrying them off upside down.  I knew they were going home to kill them for
Easter dinner.  Made my stomach kind of churn. My chicken was lucky - she
went to the home of a complete animal freak.  I really could be a vegan -
the only reason I'm NOT is because I'm not a great cook and get too tired
trying to come up with meals that my family will EAT that does not include
meat.  They are all a bunch of carnivores.  I usually end up picking out the
meat in my food.

--
Jesse R. Bell