Re: zagreb coreopsis

  • Subject: Re: zagreb coreopsis
  • From: "Daryl" <dp2413@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 08:12:07 -0400

I don't know if it might be too tacky for your neighborhood, but I sometimes use an old beach umbrella to shade my plants when I first put them in. It holds the humidity, too. The pointy end of the umbrella goes into the ground to help keep it from blowing away, and there are so many holes in it, the wind can go through it.

The other thing I've used is a little mist kit. Mine is made by Nelson and hooks onto a garden hose. Works great when you get that hot, windy weather that we don't often have. It wastes water to evaporation, of course, but probably uses less than repeat watering. And with a battery operated timer (also from Nelson), I set it and ignore it.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Patricia Dickson" <pdickson@sbcglobal.net>