Peepers!! and weather

  • Subject: Peepers!! and weather
  • From: Jesse Bell <justjess01@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 17:23:35 -0500

Well, I have six babies and I think that's all she's gonna hatch.  I gave my
neighbor five of the eggs, hoping they would hatch for his poor hen sitting
on eggs.  He has no rooster, but she is brooding and sitting on eggs that
will never hatch.  I told him to put five of these eggs under her and see if
they hatch.  I'll call him tonight to see if he had any luck.  As I was
gathering those for him, a chick had just hatched.  It was all wet and
clumsy.  Ahhhhhh...so cute to watch.  Today it's doing just fine.  The older
ones are figuring out how to eat crumbles and where the water is.  I could
sit out there for hours watching them.The forecast last night said rain for
the rest of the week.  So I have been working like crazy trying to get my
vegetable garden finished (still not done...).  We need the rain...but a
WEEKS worth?  Ughhh.  My peonies are just beginning to bloom (thank you
Rich) and look GREAT.  The rain will just pummel them.  My iris are
beautiful.  I hope the weatherman is wrong.

--
Jesse R. Bell