RE: OT - woodpeckers/cedar wax wings

  • Subject: RE: OT - woodpeckers/cedar wax wings
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 07:55:29 -0700

I hear you about the bull. I never turn my back on our ram. This one has
an excellent disposition - by which I mean he runs from people - but I
never assume he won't hurt me. We have had others that were mean and
would go after you. A person can get killed that way. And our rooster
has come after me several times this year, he hasn't been a problem
before but now you have to watch him. I got about five puncture wounds
in my leg from his spurs the first time. I did my best to kick him into
the middle of next week but he still got through.
If we ever manage to be home long enough to plan little jobs like this
we'll catch him and clip his spurs so they're aren't sharp. Been meaning
to do that for two months.

Cyndi