From: "Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI Johnson" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2010 12:39:49 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Windy weekend

I should go out there with my thermometer and see what I get, I've never
looked before. I am usually trying to push the season because we will
start getting above 90F by mid-June. A lot of my vegetable crops have a
really short window between the time they set fruit until it's too hot
to pollinate. Melons, peppers, squash do fine in the heat but the beans,
tomatoes, and corn have to be ready to start flowering by mid-May. And I
never plan on having lettuce, spinach or peas past May.
Too bad we don't like okra. That and eggplant do pretty well in high
heat. I like eggplant in limited quantities but husband won't eat it at
all.

Cyndi