Re: Blooming Today
  • Subject: Re: Blooming Today
  • From: Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 14:57:55 -0500

Oh yeah Daryl, we are water-wise.  So glad I don't have horses, square bales
of hay are already up to 8 bucks a bale - ugh.  If we don't get any rain
this month, we will be in trouble for sure.  And come to Texas any Spring,
you'll see enough bluebonnets to knock your eyes out.  I understand they're
even better down in the Hill Country than here.  Maybe I'll get down there

Yes Jim, when it comes to plants, walking outside does jog my memory.  I
keep a small stainless steel quart size bucket by the front door for keys.
Come in the door, drop 'em in the bucket.  That way, I always know where
they are.  Otherwise, Lord only knows where they'd end up.

On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 2:27 PM, Daryl <dp2413@comcast.net> wrote:

> You're as bad as I am. I'd forgotten to add Fothergilla and Kerria japonica
> to the list. Of course as soon as I looked out, I saw them.
> I haven't inventoried the perennials and bulbs - those were just the
> woodies. We've got that nasty weed Vinca blooming, too, and Pansies and
> Salvia greggii, but I don't remember what else. I've been taking pictures of
> various flower forms and posting them on the gardening forum. I wish we
> could do that on Garden Chat, but here's a link.

Looking at the link reminds me that I also forgot the Calycanthus.

> One of these days, I want to see Texas Bluebonnets blooming in person.
> California Poppies, too.
> We've gotten a bunch of rain over the winter, but we're supposed to be
> droughty this summer. I heard on the news that Texas is already hurting.
> www.theanimalrescuesite.com
> www.freekibble.com
> www.freekibblekat.com
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Pam Evans" <gardenqueen@gmail.com>