Re: Spring?
  • Subject: Re: Spring?
  • From: james singer <inlandjim1@q.com>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 09:23:00 -0700

I've always called those ball-on-stick things "poodle cuts"; talk about high maintenance gardening.

On Apr 18, 2011, at 7:55 AM, Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/ SCOSI wrote:

Our temps go way up and then way down. Last weekend was in the 80s,
pretty warm for this time of year, but weather blew in last night and it will be substantially cooler with 50mph winds for the next couple days.
I have peas, lettuce, spinach, and cilantro all doing well. I planted
corn, zucchini and cucumber seeds last week, but my tomatoes and peppers
are behind where they should be and are still in the greenhouse. The
front garden looks very nice - I should have roses in a couple days -
and we're still pulling grass out of the dry garden. The daffodils are done, lilacs are done, and my little species tulips which usually bloom
much later are also done. Spanish lavender is in full display and
covered with bees. I have some allium just starting to bloom. Now that
the gardeners have cleared out the worst of the weeds I can see a lot of empty space which I might try to fill with annuals this year. I also see
that the daylilies have multiplied enormously, so why I don't get more
blooms out of them I don't know.
Out here some trim junipers in that "lollipop" fashion, at least I think that's what they call it. Long branches with a poof of vegetation on the
ends. Not my favorite look.