Re: Deleting my facebook account
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Deleting my facebook account
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 17:23:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Cathy.  I don't use Facebook.  I know that most of this group  do, but
I just don't.  I miss hearing from folks, though, so I'm glad someone  still
uses GardenChat.

I did hear from Zem this week, and this is what I told her:

This has been a crazy season.  I just wound up a Horticulture School -
caused me more
trouble than any I have put on in the past 20 years or so.

The weather has been crazy.  One hot day a couple of weeks ago, and  cool
and cloudy
ever since.  One benefit, however.  I have always carefully  chosen my
daffodils, or which
I have planted many over the past 42 years in this house, to give me the
longest possible
season of bloom - early, mid-season and late - but for the past several
years they have
all bloomed at the same time.  This would make a spectacular show for
about ten days,
and then would be all over.  This year it looks as if it is really
working.  I have already
had daffs since before Easter and some are just now beginning to put up
buds.

I have planted peas,  but they are just coming up.  I have cherry  tomatoes
started
indoors - I hang them in large pots under the eaves of the garage where
they get
good sun.  Things have been so hectic here that I haven't done much  else.
And the
first thing I need to do is start to spray for deer - they are already
eating everything
that shows.  I found a two-pronged antler in the yard the other  day.

It has been so cool and cloudy most of this spring that I feel as if it
hasn't come yet.
At least we haven't had snow - my son in Colorado has had a foot on his
deck twice
in the past two weeks.

Auralie

In a message dated 4/19/2013 5:03:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,