Re: Deleting my facebook account
  • Subject: Re: Deleting my facebook account
  • From: Catharine Carpenter <cathycrc@comcast.net>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 18:05:20 -0500

Enjoyed hearing about your daffodils. I planted a commercial mix two years ago, and while they are providing a nice show, the colors are all in the "light" range. I long for more of the deeper oranges and yellows. So the catalogs are out again, and I will concentrate on those this summer. Lettuce, spinach and snow peas are planted, but I am concerned about the germination rate of the latter. Did get most of my perennial beds cleaned up, and Papaver somniferum seeded. Deer visit the perennials, but my vegetable garden is fenced. The cursed mink is back... I think it enjoyed snacking on the koi....
Cathy, west central IL, z5b