From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Kitty
Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2003 1:35 PM
To: Agardenchat
Subject: [CHAT] sales

A local nursery is having a somewhat progressive sale.  30% off everything
this week and 50% next week.  I wanted to wait for the 50%, but the
particular statue I wanted - they only had one.  So I got it and a couple of
Asarum splendens.  I'll check back next week for a few more possible deals.
How are the sales progressing in your neck of the woods?

I'm not a big WalMart fan but a new one just opened up the road from me so I
checked it out.  They had a lot of a few things at cheap prices.  Is that
normal?  Or is it just that opening in mid summer makes it difficult to
stock variety?  Perhaps 6 kinds of house plants.  $1.50 forced mums. large
pot annuals. Couldn't get very excited.  Came away empty.

Kitty