RE: sales

Well I thought we were discussing HD. The one in my area does not take
care of their plants. I will make a quick tour of all possible plant
places in the spring when they first get there. But by now, I only go to
specialty nurseries, where they have been cared for properly. You can't
blame them, most of them do not have horticultural staff, just some kid
working for the summer who doesn't know how to care for them. One
exception is the Lowes here. They really do take care of their plants
and trees.

Nope, don't buy water plants from them either. Water gardeners are a
different breed. Most are trades rather than purchases because there is
no where to buy them. You do not have a selection of places to go if you
want more than a common lily or iris. Even nurseries around here only
have the same plants you can buy at HD. Actually my favorite place
closed down this summer, which had the specialty plants, so now there is
none other than mail order. He sold off his surplus plants to a place in
Fort Wayne, so guess who will be in your neighborhood next spring
checking it out! I will have to try and over winter my tropicals, as
that is what I buy yearly like an annual.

And getting back on track here.... if you go to the local HD and ask
about a water plant problem, they will give you my home phone number.
Interesting since I never gave it to them, don't know them, and rarely
shop there. When I inquired about it, no one knew why it is on the board
or where it came from. Told them to take it down and use the club
website or club help line phone number, but I am still getting calls, so
they didn't. And you would think someone from HD would have called or
offered me a discount or something... heck no!

Donna