From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Donna
Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2003 10:19 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] sales now rain

Well Bonnie, I feel lucky that we have not flooded inside the house yet.
The back of my yard is under water at the moment... but it has been
storming on and off all day. We got another 6 inch easy here... ok, I
dumped the rain gage this am and it overflowed by tonight.. so?!?

Earlier this season we had damage by what they called a microburst, I
called it a tornado... but no lives were hurt, and material things can
be replaced.

Now my plants are either jumping for joy or dieing here. It looks like a
jungle out there. Interesting tho- the foliage is unreal but lack of
flowers? Not to mention we went thru that heat spell then cooled off,
now back to heat and humidity. Guessing my plants thought it was spring
or something. Columbine flowering end of July... the poppies are now
flowering again upshots from the ground with the dead foliage and brown
seed pods ... Just weird seeing spring and late summer plants blooming

Another interesting sighting today, at my mothers house she is has
loosestrife (no lectures please, I keep killing it off and it returns)
the JB's are eating it! I couldn't decide if I wanted to destroy the JB
or let them have it and maybe kill off the plant for good.... I didn't
think anything ate loosestrife! Found this interesting.