From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Subject: Re: [CHAT] beautiful site...
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 11:11:36 -0500

Bonnie,
Glad to hear your garden is doing so well this year. These storms have
hammered some people. An article in today's paper said lots of people have
lost their lawns, trees, and gardens because they were submerged for too
long.

I'm not big on Datura, but when I did grow them, that was about the right
height. They would get taller if you could overwinter them, but that's not
likely. Just save a seed pod or two and start some more next year. I'd
advise against letting them self-sow, as you might end up with a weedy mess.
Also, wear gloves when you harvest the pods - they don't smell anything like
the flower!

Speaking of seeds. Someone in the group sent me 4 O'Clock seed last year.
Well, they are blooming now and just lovely. Would like to says thanks, but
can't remember who it was.

Kitty