From: Daniel Roman [mailto: djroman@worldnet.att.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 14:56:18 -0400
Subject: Re: [CHAT] sales

The local WalMart and Kmart never seems to discount shop worn plants.
Home<br>Depot doesn't either except for their orchids. When the blooming
is over,<br>they are marked down 50%. I purchased three nice lady's
from here that closes for the season at<br>the end of June. Two weeks
before closing everything goes on sale at 50 to<br>75% off. The last
week is a make an offer sale. I bought a nice 2 gallon<br>Rose 'Knock
Out' for $2.50 and a one gallon Campanula 'Blue Waterfall' for<br>75
"Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net><br>To: "Agardenchat"
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2003 1:35
somewhat progressive sale. 30% off everything<br>> this week and 50%
next week. I wanted to wait for the 50%, but the<br>> particular statue
I wanted - they only had one. So I go

t it and a couple<br>of<br>> Asarum splendens. I'll check back next week
for a few more possible<br>deals.<br>> How are the sales progressing in
your neck of the woods?<br>><br>> I'm not a big WalMart fan but a new
one just opened up the road from me so<br>I<br>> checked it out. They
had a lot of a few things at cheap prices. Is that<br>> normal? Or is it
just that opening in mid summer makes it difficult to<br>> stock
variety? Perhaps 6 kinds of house plants. $1.50 forced mums. large<br>>
pot annuals. Couldn't get very excited. Came away empty.<br>><br>>
message text UNSUBSCRIBE

Express Yourself - Share Your Mood in Emails!
Visit www.SmileyCentral.com - the happiest place on the Web.