Re: whats going on in the garden/ Wild tomato

Hi Sally, that could well be that the Wild tomato is also native to Florida.
We have many native plants in common.

We cut back our tomatoes and peppers every summer that have stopped bearing,
and they produce again in the fall.  The ones that continue to produce, like
the Wild Tomato, we just leave alone.  We've had the same pepper plants for
years....until DH decides that he's ready to plant a new one.

Perfect time to leave during the hottest part of the year.  Yes, heard from
many friends and family in Europe that they are ALL having the worst heatwave
this year.  Bad thing is that most have no A/C at all, since it is never
needed.....so they are really suffering. At least you are used to the heat.  Wonder
how the plants are holding up??   Have a great time!!!!

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast