From: "Donna " <justme@prairieinet.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Subject: [CHAT] my 2 cents about regulars and lurkers
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 23:29:50 -0500

Fran and anyone else that feels left out:

Please don't take a non-response as anything more than I don't know! We
are from so many different climates, soil types, no way any one of us
could answer every question. (well maybe some could, not me anyways)

When this list was back on ahs (which seems like forever ago) I lurked
for a long time before joining in. They finally started talking about
something I knew very well and posted a message. (it was watergardening
related, and I thought- my God, they are going to kill the fish and
plants if they do that, so I posted) I am sorry I waited so long! I was
afraid that my lack of knowledge would be laughed at or folks would not
like my humor, or something. It may seem that we are having a personal
conversation, but trust me, if it was personal, it would not be a post
on this list. Just seems some of us are gabbier than others and got used
to talking to each other, but we wish you would all join in on the
conversation. No way is this meant to be the regulars talk and everyone
listen...It is not what anyone wants or try to portray. I didn't figure
that out till I started posting! :) The first few messages are the
hardest. You check the message and half the time decide to delete it
rather than send it, thinking, what if I am wrong about that plant.. or
they don't want to hear about it from me..  or the message is older
cause you have been busy and not currently being discussed... It is all
hogwash, post it and you will find that out!

Anyone out there that has never posted a message? Or rarely does? ...
well I am putting you on the spot, please introduce yourselves, let us
know where you are from and what is the favorite part or type of
gardening for you!

Just my buck and half worth of 2cents...

Donna
BTW Fran, I got into variegated plants last summer and now have them in
certain spots and it made a vast improvement in the design...